I have only been seriously blogging for about two to three months, though I prematurely started this blog last September in preparation for my recent trip to Norway and Finland I took. More to come on my solo traveling adventure, I promise. So it is an honor to be part of a group of bloggers recognized by Wit and Whimsy. So thank you for including me in your list!
The Basic Rules for the Liebster Award are found here:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer their questions
3. Write some of your own
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs for the award!
Now onto the questions I need to answer:
1. What have you thought about most today?
Me; I’m an overthinker. I literally can think about a dozen scenarios that won’t ever come true. But sometimes I get this weird sense of deja vu, likely from all my thinking. That sense that something has already happened, that I’ve already felt something or connected to this earth in some weird sense of belonging. That I am not doing enough to take charge of my destiny, where I will be and whom I will be there with.
2. If you had no responsibilities today, what would you do all day?
If I had no responsibilities, I would do one of three things: travel abroad, do something creative like take a photograph (and learn how to become better) or write poetry, or simply do nothing. I don’t think I know the definition of doing nothing; if I am not running (which I usually don’t), my mind does so for me. I am beginning to accomplish the first two via this blog, so I hope you enjoy!
3. You’re at a fork in the road with no particular destination in mind. Do you go left or right? Why?
My immediate thought for this question is Robert Frost’s The Road Not Taken, being a bit of a diplomat and a poet. Here’s the first stanza:
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
I can argue that I would take both paths, depending on where they lead. But if you must have an answer from me, then I will say right.
4. If you could dress however you wanted with zero consequences how would you dress?
This is a great question; if I was a better photographer, I would add fashion to this blog. My favorite styles of dress would be either the 1950s-1960s (ie Mad Men style), medieval Scandinavian gard (ie, Eowyn as a shieldmaiden), or as a tomboy.
5. What is the meaning of life right now?
That is a tough question, something I can think a lot about and still not really know a good answer. I’d like to believe the meaning of life right now is to discover the beauty of this earth: its wonders, its peoples, its cycles. And become one with it. I think I know the perfect place where that connection is strongest for me, personally.
And now onto the fun part the questions I will ask the bloggers I nominated to answer:
1. What do you believe is your spirit animal and why?
2. Is there any place or person in the world you would rather call home?
3. How you do describe the meaning of “home”?
4. What are three words that describe you?
5. If you could have a dinner party with any four people in the world (past or present), whom would you invite? And why?
6. What is a hobby of yours?
That’s all for now. Cheers!